Thursday 6 November 2014

Day 20, AD 14


Apropos of nothing.

It's no use pointing to this right now as it is no longer available, however, Radio Flashes had some really good bits.  Vivian Stanshall was the presenter of this Radio 1 show from the dim/distant/recent past (delete as applicable depending on age, memory, alcohol or pharma consumption).

Something that sticks in my mind is where he uses the phrase 'Adolf Hipster'.  For some reason appeals to me, possibly as Stanshall had a particularly flamboyant hipster like appearance himself.

Anyway. He's dead, and has been so for some time.  The wiki page says he died as a result of an electrical fire breaking out, but I'm pretty sure at that time that the fire was attributed to a candle.

I was going to add 'so it goes' but I think I'll add the slightly flatulent - 

That which passes, passes like wind.



No comments:

Post a Comment