Monday 14 December 2015

Day 423, A quick dip


Swimming the entire coastline of Britain is some feat.

If this T-shirt was the only reward then that would be a let down.

But as far as I'm aware I haven't at any point swum the coastline, it is the sort of thing a person might notice.

It's likely that the total lifetime distance swimming isn't that of the coastline, but I've not worked it out.

Thinks ...

The coastline of Britain is around 31,368,000 metres, having checked I now feel it is even less likely.

At best, when going regularly, my swimming has amounted to about 3000 metres a week so that's 10,456 weeks of swimming.

10,456 weeks is just under four times the number of weeks I've been alive.

If you swim 3km a week since birth that would mean living until the age of 201 to achieve the coastline figure.

Another ambition quashed.




Unless the swim rate is upped massively or living to around 1000 years is achievable.

None of this is going to happen.

But hold on, 20 years of swimming at 30,161 metres per week is achievable.

4km a day is definitely possible, assuming there is time, energy and will available.

My best pace has been 22 minutes for one kilometre, not flat out but steady.

So that's equates to about 11 hours of swimming per week, for the next 20 years.

This is making me feel tired.

I'm not even sure I'm awake for 11 hours a week.

Front crawl would be quicker but it would necessitate remembering how to do it.

Loses will.

Something, something, insert joke about being a wet blanket closely followed by a wet T-shirt, something, something.

Splash.


For official/internal use only:
7777
0-9

No comments:

Post a Comment