Wednesday 2 December 2015

Day 411, Over 100,000 words


I'm not even sure I know that many in English never mind French.

I probably know about 100 French words.

Or maybe fewer.



Actually I'm not even sure I know 100 English words at the moment.

Let's see how many I can remember:

Bum

Cat

Toe

Lip

It

Devastation

Ogre

Bum

Dog

Millionaire

Fester

Bump

Sip

And

Lozenge

Gum

Tip

Chocolate

More

Chocolate



Ok I've had quite enough of that.

Probably many of those words originate from Spanish, Portuguese, Latin and Old French, as well as Middle English.

Anyway, it was far fewer than 100 words, so I guess that's a reflection of how atrophied my brain is.

It's a good job I have a dictionary available as otherwise I wouldn't have a clue what I was on about.



For official/internal use only:
7777
0-9

No comments:

Post a Comment