Thursday 8 January 2015

Day 83, Library World



I was thwarted in my attempt to continue gathering data for my REDACTED project the other week.  This was due to a certain cyclical human carriage device being out of action three days before it was advertised to be.  Never mind.  I'll wander into one of my favourite buildings - this is no big deal as I have hundreds of favourite buildings - and see if there's anything that catches my eye.

I could have gone into the stacks, the strange nether-world of dust and darkness, with possibly the odd dessicated corpse in a quiet corner where they've failed to find their way out and expired due to thirst and hunger.  That's not what I did, for some reason I chose to wander up to the mezzanine.

Due to the time of year there weren't many people in so I took the opportunity to take a photograph of a relatively empty Main Library.  Apparently it is frowned upon in some quarters to call it the Main Library, but that's what it is.

As it was opened by T.S.Eliot I sometimes refer to it as the T.S.Eliot memorial library.  This hasn't yet caught on.


Here is my view from January 2 2015.




Not much studying going on here.  Kudos to the three people in at the time.

If I need to do some reading or information gathering while at work I occasionally retreat here.  It is quiet even when busy and it is a pleasant place to work.






No comments:

Post a Comment