Thursday 31 May 2018

Week 187, Unidentified waterfowl


In lieu of any form of decent photographic representation I have here a Google 'auto-awesome' panorama created from my attempts to get an image of this floating-wildlife which I'd captured for later identification.

It is too small for any practical purpose.

Even the original makes it hard-pressed to identify - unless of course you are knowledgable in this realm.

The realm of wildlife identification that is.

There were a pair of them, black face and beak/bill, a lighter bit on the top of the head, white body, darker (grey/pink, who knows, I'm red/green colour blind so haven't a clue) along the wings and much darker at the tail.*

They refused to answer my question "what are you?" so are probably non-native monoglots and didn't understand what I was saying.

That is all.


* A bit like a black headed gull but with a different coloured hat and not as distinct towards the rear.

For official/internal use only:
7777

No comments:

Post a Comment