Tuesday 30 June 2015

Day 256, Toxic cloud prompts process change



Fabrication at the soldering plant has had to take a back seat.  For the moment I'm on the lookout for a tube of some sort - from an air con device, tumble dryer, vacuum cleaner, that sort of thing - with which I will construct a fume extraction system.

Apparently inhaling the fumes of tin/lead solder with rosin flux is bad for you.  Not that I've suffered any ill effects this week, I've been soldering intermittently for around 40 years so any oddities that exist have been around for some time.  However I have been told that I contravene health and safety regulations and must change my ways, so it will be done.

The fumes are a little unpleasant.  And, having to virtually put my nose on the soldering iron to see what is happening means I do get a face full.

So that's exciting.

Moving on.

So thinking of back seats (I mentioned 'back seat' in earlier purely to get this reference in here) here's a picture of the back of a car with a bumper sticker.

The sticker seems to suggest that God's will negates the need for motor insurance.


Good luck with that if pulled over by the rozzers.






For official/internal use only:
5566
0-9

No comments:

Post a Comment