Tuesday 23 June 2015

Day 249, Soundly Wired in an Half Arsed Way



It just doesn't appear possible, given the types of output and input available, to connect these devices up directly.  Hence using a mixer as an intermediary to step between connector types.  You'd think that out of all the collections of cables that are available to me here right now it would be possible to make a direct connection.

Alas no.

To connect direct would mean using cables that are being used elsewhere in the chain.  The cables that I thought I'd rarely need when I made them are actually below the required number by a factor of two.

Anyway, this set-up works.  With regard to digitising some old four-track tapes at least.



The layer of dust adds some tonal filtering in the high-eq range.

And I guess the audio fidelity from these prehistoric tapes isn't going to be particularly adversely affected in any way anyway.



For official/internal use only:
6666
0-9

No comments:

Post a Comment