Tuesday 7 April 2015

Day 172, tripped over



It's one of those days.

Walk upstairs to get wallet, walk back down again with phone.  Walk back upstairs to get wallet, go back down with wallet. Have now taken keys upstairs and left them behind.  Back upstairs.

Writing a shopping list, putting it in my pocket.  Get to the shop and pull out a different shopping list.  Buy random items anyway.

Pi 2 delivered. Yay.

Where's the USB keyboard gone?

Much swearing and crashing about later I discover it behind my desk just next to my left foot and in plain sight.



Using the anti-static properties of an Indian vegetarian cookery book all the parts are in place.

Trying to work out why the Pi won't connect to the network.  Look, the lights on the router port are flashing, what's up. Unplug the cable from the router and the PC disconnects from the network.

Ah, I see, when I thought there was only one blue LAN cable there were actually two.  The Pi was pointing away from me so I didn't notice no sign of lights until I spotted the retaining clip was broken and assumed it had just come loose.  I then had pulled the cable out at what I thought was both ends, yet there were another two ends floating around out of view.  Where did that other blue cable come from.  Tsk.

After much faffing and finally managing to distinguish my arse from my elbow the Pi connected to the wider world.  SSH installed, and then dispensed with the USB keyboard back to the hidey hole behind the back of the desk.

Now there's just the question of what to do with it.  Perhaps there's a plan down the back of a chair, I'll go and look.









No comments:

Post a Comment