Wednesday 4 February 2015

Day 110, is it Spring?



Waking with visions that the cold and ice will last forever.

A caterpillar approaches at a rapid pace, not inching but doing flick flacks.  It grins and says "hey cats."

There are no cats.

"Hey cats, what is pertaining?  Is this the right place for a Hawksmoor Baguette Processionary to pitch a chrysalis?"



Well I have no idea whether I am awake or not now.  Talking caterpillars weren't on my list of things to expect before sunrise, unless they're on the infinite-impossible list.  Turning round three times I then fall over, this is a very convincing lucid dream if that's what it is.

"Hey cats!"

So I engage what essentially looks like a Slinky in conversation.

It is happy to talk about the weather, who should play up front for Plymouth Argyle - it's a big fan of the Pilgrims - and what a peculiar bias towards big business the media think is important in politics.  Entertaining briefly, then I remember I need to make sandwiches before trolling off to work.  I politely excuse myself and wish the creature a good day.












No comments:

Post a Comment