Sunday 19 October 2014

Day 2


1984 was mentioned on QI.

Apparently most people that claim to have read it haven't read it.

I haven't read it.

That doesn't mean I've read it.

No reverse bluff going on here.

I'm currently reading -
George Orwell
Essays
Penguin Modern Classics
New Edition
29 June 2000

I've read almost all his other books, the exceptions being A Clergyman's Daughter, and 1984.

There are some essays in this collection that I haven't come across before.

It's almost 30 years since I read the rest of his works, over a period of a year or two.  That was interspersed between pretty much all the Hunter S Thompson writing available at the time, and a mass of other stuff, some trashy, some high-falutin'.

But I've not read 1984.

Perhaps that should be remedied.


No comments:

Post a Comment