Thursday 4 August 2016

Day 657, Cable conversion on standby


If I'd been organised I would have converted this cable by now.

The intention is to convert the S-Video output of a BBC Micro model B so that it feeds a SCART lead and connect to a modernish television.  By a series of leaps, bounds, and a single SCART to HDMI converter, the output can then feed a PC monitor or an even more modern television.

That was the intention before I mislaid the 270 ohm resistor.  That ought not to be a problem, I have thousands of resistors, surely there are loads of 270 ohm ones among them.

Tumbleweed.

Nope, this was the only one I could find, and now I can't even find that one.  There are probably more but I have to manually check the resistance of each to determine whether it is correct, which takes ages, even when they are grouped into similar batches.

That's Ohm's law for you, the intention is proportional to the resistance to carrying out a task and inversely proportional to the speed at which the task is completed.*


* That is genuinely Ohm's law, look it up. (No it isn't but it makes sense.)


For official/internal use only:
7757
0-9

No comments:

Post a Comment