Thursday 28 March 2013

Compulsive. Memory. Song


Do you have a song or songs that when you hear them that you want to repeatedly play?  The sort of thing you do when you’re a kid but that strange compulsion is still there with particular pieces of music?


Today while dicking about on the YouTube listening and watching bits of classic 70s music I stumbled upon this:


Taste: Blister on the moon.



This song is very familiar to me.  I first heard it when I was given this album in the early 70s:




















Here's a track listing:



Side 1
John Mayall - Room to Move
Blind Faith - Well Alright
Cat Mother and The All Night Newsboys - Can You Dance To It
Jack Bruce - The Clearout
Cream - Doing That Scrapyard Thing

Side2
Fat Mattress - Everything Is Blue
Julie Driscoll, Brian Auger & The Trinity - Indian Rope Man
The Savage Rose - A Girl I Know
Taste - Blister on the Moon
The Jimi Hendrix Experience  - Little Miss Strange

The stand-out tracks for me are The Clearout, Doing That Scrapyard Thing, Indian Rope Man, and Blister on the Moon.

The one that I can still listen to repeatedly at high volume until my ears bleed is Blister on the Moon, I have to replay it about 10 times every time.  I can’t resist the guitar of Rory Gallagher teamed with the anger vented at a perceived imposition of control, and the resistance to it, expressed in the lyrics.




That is what I have been doing today.



That is all.














No comments:

Post a Comment