Monday 6 July 2009

Twit-tastic

A few Twitter moments of the past week.

Doing an early upgrade one morning and tweeting generally about the task in hand, I mentioned iSCSI timeouts, and within the blink of an eye @scevans in California replied to me regarding iSCSI. If i'd been having trouble there would have been a sounding board on hand, as it was we had a chat about the iSCSI implementation on a couple of OS's.

Looking for information on the Gartner website regarding outsourcing I was disappointed to find the latest blog directly referring to the subject was from 2004. I made a minor grumble about this. In an instant @jeffman from Gartner was on the case protecting his company's reputation, he found a few links for me and explained that the Blogs are now organised under analyst rather than topic. Personally I would find an index of topics to be more useful, nevertheless, this is good, on-the-ball stuff, and is/was very helpful.

While browsing the Triumph Motorcycles website I was getting miffed by the number of flash and fancy graphic related failures and broken links. I had a minor grumble about this (honestly I'm not a grumbler but this sounds like a theme developing!) Quick as a flash Mr Beelzebub himself responded (@beezly) to tell me how much he liked the website and that it worked for him, I know this is just a ploy on his part and that he is after a discount from Mr Triumph, fanbois huh!

Even with a signal to noise ratio as low as mine (I can often be the person that put the twit in Twitter) there are plenty of good moments when following (not in a religious sense) a diverse pool of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment